Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Let's Play


Since it's summer and the weather is great, I've been hitting the links like crazy. Golf to me is one fantastic way to spend an afternoon outdoors. I know what you're thinking, all I ever do is read, but on the contrary. I've been golfing since I was an early teen, but it wasn't until I got older and found I was missing something. My golfing career started out casually so I didn't get to learn the details of the rules. That is where this book really somes in handy for me.
Pop Quiz
It's a stroke play tournament and there's a wait on the first tee. A player in the next group to start passes time by shipping a couple of balls onto the tee. Is there a penalty? If so, what is it?
A ball lies just outside a bunker. A loose impediment in the bunker interferes with the player's stroke. Is this player entitled to remove the loose impediment?
A ball lies in the rough. The player removes a twig that lies about six inches behind the ball. The ball does not move. A few seconds later, as the player is selcting a club, a gust of wind causes the ball to move. Does the player incur a penalty?
It's a match. A's ball is near the hole, but he doesn't mark and lift it. His opponent B putts. B's ball strikes that of A, and into the hole goes A's ball. What's the ruling?
To find the answers, check it out at your local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment